Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Investigate & Design Brief



I will explain to a 6th grader what the design cycle is all about by creating a presentation. (I will need to explain to the 6th graders the design cycle and by the end of this project they should be able to identify each step of the design cycle and what is done in that step.  I need the design cycle for almost everything. For example you will need it to build a car or for to build a house.


More 6th graders will understand the design cycle and they will be more organized. They will also understand it better and might be able to get better grades on their projects.  I can teach them and explain to them the design cycle. By doing this we can helo our community advance in everything that is possible.


We are in the same school so we need to know this so that the school can be a better place. We are also might have the same goal for example we might want to make the school better.  When i teach the 6th graders the design cycle they will understand it and then they will teach other students.  They can also make more projects better because they learned the design cycle from us.


 You have to blog your information instead of putting it in paper. Also you have to research the myp cycle and all the steps. Also you have to identify the problem but not solving it yet because that step is create.


Design cycle is a procedure that helps you create your project correctly. It is used to solve problems easier. There are four steps which are investigate, plan, create and evaluate.
DESIGN BRIEF
There are four parts of the design cycle. The four parts are Investigate,Plan, Create, Design, Evaluate. You follow these steps to make the project well and for it to be correctly. The investigation part you have to research what your project will be about. For Plan you have to actually tell what you are going to do.


I am going to make a rap song explaining the design cycle to the 6th graders. It will be kind of simple and the 6th graders will get the point. I am making the rap song because for me it seems like a challenge and I like a challenge.


Design 
The limitations for this part is that I'm not using the music yet just the lyrics. Also another limitation is that I am not that much of a rapper. I dont know how to rap or find rhymes. I will reread the lyrics and I will choose the best of the three. Also I might ask an opinion from my friends. I can also add some music to see which one sounds better.
DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
It will be simple for the student to understand.
After playing the song for a few times they will understand the design cycle better.
Will be about 2-2:30 minutes long.
Test
I will give a survey and the questions will be about the design cycle. 
Also I will analyze the survey due to the amount of questions answered correctly. 
They should get about 7 or 8 questions right.

No comments:

Post a Comment